George is a senior associate at LCI Law, practicing Greek-law dispute resolution.
George has over 24 years of experience as a litigator.
Before joining LCI Law, he worked for 2 years as in-house lawyer at a media company listed on the Athens Exchange, for over 15 years as a self-employed lawyer and for 5 years at Moussas & Partners Law Firm.
George has handled numerous cases before the Greek courts across a number of industries involving commercial/contract disputes, shipping disputes, tort claims, trademark infringement disputes, unfair competition claims and transport & logistics disputes.
He has also represented local and international clients in Greek court proceedings relating to enforcement of foreign judgments and arbitral awards, debt collection, freezing of assets. He has also handled ship arrest in Greece and in a number of countries.
George also has a substantial real estate law practice, assisting companies and high net-worth individuals in a range of property transactions and in the drafting and negotiating of property contracts including sale and purchase contracts, financing agreements and commercial leases.
- Acted for a Greek shipyard against the shipowners of a car carrier vessel, securing and collecting their claim for payment for repairs carried out at the yard.
- Represented an oil refinery in relation to oil pollution claims and fines.
- Acted for an English insurance company defending claims before Greek courts against its assured marina management company.
- Represented a project developer and EPC contractor before the Greek courts in a dispute arising from a framework purchase agreement, including measures blocking enforcement of a claim under a €11 million guarantee.
- Represented an audience-measurement company in a dispute against the former national television and radio broadcaster, ERT S.A., for unpaid services.
- Advised a major media group in the acquisition of a leading radio station through a share deal, conducting the due diligence, advising on the regulatory aspects and seeing the transaction through to its closing.
- Represented a company before the Greek courts in its multi-million claim against an Athens state hospital for compensation for the hospital’s unlawful detention of the property it had leased to the hospital.
- Acted for a group of companies in the food industry in their claim for more than €600,000 against one of the largest sweet/candy franchisors in Greece for its unlawful termination of their franchise agreement.
- University of East Anglia: Erasmus scholarship, LL.M in Common Law and Legal Tradition.
- Democritus University Law School, LLB.
Memberships & Associations
Piraeus Bar Association
George is fluent in Greek and has a professional working proficiency in English.